Skip to main content

Triple Chocolate Pudding Bowl


                    Chocolate, Chocolate, and more Chocolate!
 
This super addictive chocolate dessert came courtesy of my dear friend Isabell.  As a self-proclaimed chocoholic, I asked her not to ever make it again, but you know how friends are. The cool thing is how simple it is to make. This semi-homemade dessert incorporates store bought and made from scratch ingredients. If you have all day to do the entire dessert from scratch, kudos. If you don't, you can still achieve the same delicious results.
 
 
Ingredients
Devil's food cake mix (prepared and cooled)
instant chocolate pudding mix (prepare and set aside)
Chocolate syrup
 
Whipped Cream
16 oz. container heavy whipping cream
4 tbsp. confectioners' sugar
2 tsp. vanilla extract
 
 
 
 
Prepare cake according to box instructions in a 13x9 cake pan.
Let cool. Cut cake down the middle so that you have two equal halves.
 


 
 
Prepare chocolate pudding according to box directions. Set aside.
Chill mixing bowl and beaters in freezer for 10 minutes
before preparing whipped cream.
  In the chilled bowl, whip heavy cream
until stiff peaks are just about to form.
Beat in vanilla and sugar until peaks form. 
*Do not overbeat or you will have butter :/
 


 
 
 
In a trifle or large serving bowl
add whipped cream to the bottom layer as the base.  
Place 1 half of chocolate cake on top of whip cream.
 Lightly drizzle chocolate syrup on top of the cake
 and on the sides of the bowl. 
Add a layer of chocolate pudding, then whip cream.
 Lightly drizzle chocolate syrup on top of whip cream. 
Add 2nd layer of cake, chocolate syrup, and chocolate pudding.
Add final layer of whip cream on top.
Drizzle chocolate syrup in a cool pattern
on the top layer of whipped cream.
Chill and set for 2-4 hours.
 
 
* If  serving bowl has a narrow bottom you can cut cakes into  additional squares to add more layers.
 
 

*Recipe courtesy of Isabell Bennet
 


Popular posts from this blog

Pancakes With Crunchy Edges are Life...

Who doesn't enjoy a pancake with a crisp edge?  You know... the crispiness that only  your mom or grandma could achieve. When I saw this meme on the internet, I laughed out loud because it's something my sister Stacey and I talk about all the time. We would go to diners and restaurants and request pancakes with crunchy edges. The waitress would say okay...but return with regular ol' pancakes with soft edges.  I gave up.  I decided if I wanted pancakes like this,  I would just make them at home.  When looking at the meme's comments, I noticed that most people stated that only their parents or grandparents  could achieve this crunchy goodness.  Quite a few of the comments in the meme questioned  how to achieve pancakes with crunchy edges?  I chime in with  "It's really not hard to achieve." All you have to do is add a few drops of cooking oil around the sides of your pancakes while cooking them.  It can be vegetable oil, butter, or bacon

Shaken Baken Stuffed Peppers

So the recipe for my version of Stuffed Red Peppers comes from at least a dozen versions found on the internet. My whole approach was to get as much flavor out of these babies as possible. Most recipes called for rice, meat usually beef or turkey, and cheese for those who like it. I like all of these things so I incorporated them into my recipe. I also have family members that either don’t eat beef or don’t eat turkey (oy!) so I did both. I do have a lot of ingredients but the flavors came out really good! This recipe makes about 10 bell peppers. I wanted to try the peppers first in case it tasted funky...  I can assure you it didn’t.  There was a lot of meat leftover so I used it for 5 prepared meal packages for the week. My only issue was timing. As you can see they are a little well done so I will make sure to adjust my cooking time next time. Every recipe I found had a different temperature and cooking time so I was winging it for real….So without further adieu here is my

My Love For The Cosi Signature Salad

If you’ve ever had the pleasure of having a Cosi Signature salad, then I'm sure you will agree with me, as it is my favorite salad with a dressing you can drink. (kidding) I miss living in the big city so I have to improvise. And with a huge thanks to  The Brown Eyed Baker  ,  I was able to recreate it down to that awesome drinkable dressing.  This is the first salad I’ve eaten with fruit in it. It has pistachios, red grapes, gorgonzola cheese, pears, and dried cranberries. I added leftover cooked chicken because I was starving and I didn’t want to be hungry later. My hubby sliced up a boiled egg in his. No egg for me. I had one already this afternoon. The chicken was a great companion to the fresh fruit.                                         *Note: The Original Cosi salad does not have chicken or eggs.                             e is the official recipe courtesy of The Bro Eyed Baker. She did a great job replicating that dressing. Oh that dressing….ENJOY!!